Interim ESG Consultant
Your Russam contact
§ UK wide
£ c£1,000 per diem
Our client is a global financial advisory firm operating in over 130 countries.
They need an Interim ESG Consultant to support several ongoing client programmes in the environmental area; in particular the delivery of the decarbonisation strategy.
Role and Responsibilities
The role will focus on sustainability; helping to minimise the negative impact of operations (of the client in question); alongside the promotion of the circular economy through consumption and waste reduction, while maximising their positive impact in the areas of diversity and inclusion, gender equality and giving.
?The Desired Candidate
- Significant experience in leading impactful environmental and sustainability strategies for major brands and organisations is essential, including the areas of carbon net zero, water, waste, circular economy, and innovation
- A graduate or post graduate qualified in an Environmental Science discipline; or relevant related subject
- Ability to credibly communicate and champion a sustainability strategy, to external and internal audiences, delivering impactful projects and communicating brand purpose
- Competencies required: Strategic; Commercial: Collaborative; Creative thinking; Leadership; Organisation; Influencing others
- Experience of working in multi-disciplinary teams and matrix management organisations on major projects and programmes
- Ability to communicate with clients and other key stakeholders on global, national and regional issues, including the Climate and Net Zero Emissions
- Confident leading and working as part of a team, with ability to adapt as required; with strong project management skills; familiar with Agile and other project management methodologies or can evidence an equivalent level of experience and competence.